Best Reasons to Hire a Designer for Your Outdoor Living Space!
Posted by: CreativeScapes
Category: Outdoor Living
As you spend more and more time inside your home, you’ll realize that there’s a lot of potential for a yard makeover. Yards and pool areas are a great hangout place for a lot of families. And who doesn’t want a beautiful, functional yard with a lot of features? While you might feel the sudden urge to take on this project yourself, think it through. No matter how much of a designer you are, hiring a professional can help you make the most of your yard. With their expertise, an Outdoor Living Designer will always see it in a different light than a Home Owner. If you’re still not convinced, let’s see the best reasons to hire a designer for your outdoor living space or pool.
Why You Should Hire a Designer for Your Outdoor Living Space
From making better use of your available space to increasing your property value, hiring a professional to design your outdoor living space has a lot of advantages. While some people may choose to do it themselves, it’s simply a very daunting project to take on. It’s much more efficient with a professional and in the long run, it will save you money. Let’s check out some of the best reasons you should consider hiring a designer for your outdoor living space or pool.
● Professional Expertise- A professional designer has a lot of experience in this area and therefore will have a much better idea of how to make better use of your space. Whether you have a small yard or a lot of space lying around, without professional expertise it can be quite difficult to make sense of the design. Most DIYers take on random projects around the yard and don’t do a lot of planning when it comes to how it will all look together. With a professional designer, you can make a digital blueprint of the entire space and make a more cohesive outdoor living area. Whether it be the technicalities of light and shade, or what kind of placement might look better aesthetically and function better, without professional experience it’s hard to take these factors into account. So even if it might look like you can do it on your own, redecorating and hardscaping an entire yard is a lot of hard work. And it’s best not to take this up on your own.
● Getting Bids- Having a well-designed plan allows you to show your contractor what you want from them. This means your contractor gives you an exact value to how much the prices might be, as they know exactly what you are looking for from the project. So you can use this to your advantage. Show the design to different contractors and you can get a bid from them for the same project. This allows you to compare prices and get a good deal. This way there is very little chance of you getting overcharged for a project. You’ll be better able to understand the market value for each work and get multiple opinions.
● Seamless Communication- Another perk of having a detailed blueprint or plan for your outdoor living space is that you can communicate well with your contractor. Since there’s a visual model of how you want your space to look, it’ll be easier for the contractor to work. This also means that when something goes wrong or the work isn’t up to the mark, you have a leg to stand on when asking them to correct the mistake. Since everyone involved knows what the project should look like, there are no vague points left. So it’s easier to point out mistakes and get exactly what you’re paying for.
● Property Value- As a family, your home is usually the largest investment you’ll ever make at a time. So, renovating your home is never a bad thing. It increases the property value if you ever end up selling or renting it in the future. It’s hard to deny that there’s a stark difference between a DIY yard and one that has been designed by a professional. You can usually tell just by looking at it. If your home has a yard that is designed by a professional, it will usually increase your property’s value by a lot. So, it’s a long-term investment. Even if you have no plans on selling your property, you’ll be living and using this yard for a lifetime. If it costs you a little now, think of the returns you are getting. It’s a great investment.
● Budget Constraints- Proper planning can help you save a lot of money. If you go in blind, and take up one project at a time, instead of planning and designing the whole yard as a whole, then you’re going to end up wasting a lot of money that you could have saved with better planning. With a designer, you can see the bigger picture and therefore save money accordingly in areas where you can. You don’t always have the budget to do everything at once. Getting a master plan will allow you to take a phased approach. So, you will know beforehand that everything will work together, and not look like an afterthought. No need to undo or redo any work. Proper planning allows you to stick to your budget. You can discuss your budget constraints with your designer and they will give you a plan that works best with that budget. This is perhaps the best part about hiring a designer to plan your outdoor living space. Since you know exactly what you will need, there are very few chances of unforeseen charges here and there. Most of it is planned out, so you can set a very detailed budget and know beforehand where all your money is going. So even if hiring a designer cost, you a bit extra, it is worth it, because, in the overall picture, you’re saving a lot more money. It’ll end up being less expensive overall, as opposed to just doing everything by yourself.
● Contractor Referrals- Another amazing perk of working with a professional designer is that since they’ve worked at this scene for a while, they know all the good deals and have amazing referrals. They can connect you with the best contractors and ensure that your yard is in good hands. A great design cannot do much if the implementation lacks quality. This is why it’s important to work with experienced, and trusted contractors who will get the job done the best way possible. On your own, it can be very hard to source good contractors, and there’s always the risk that they won’t be trustworthy. So, if you get contractors through a trusted source, it’s going to be way easier to ensure that they do a good job and that you’re getting a good deal on the prices.
● Project Manager- As you work in your yard, you will see new problems arising at random steps in the process. Having a designer is like having a project manager. They can help give you ideas on how to best deal with the complications that arise. There may be space restrictions or something underground that makes a certain area unsuitable for a pool perhaps. In cases like this, having a designer is very helpful. They will ensure that you can capitalize on every opportunity.
● Uniqueness- A designer is first and foremost creative, and with their expertise, you can create a unique and customized yard that is designed for you. Every yard is different, and every owner has a different space. So, when you’re using cookie-cutter templates for DIY projects or hiring contractors to do the same old design, it doesn’t always work out. With a designer, not only can you put your personality and preferences into a part of your home, but you can also ensure that it’s functional considering the state of your yard. Each project is different and has different problem areas and perks. A designer makes a plan that is specific to your yard and suits you. So, you get the best possible outcome.
Our Outdoor Designer Services
At CreativeScapes Design, we put our clients’ vision first and help you design the space of your dreams. We design all your hardscaping plans, outdoor kitchens, fire pits and fireplaces, pools, patios, pool houses, and even structures. We’re here to help you out with all that, by giving you a comprehensive, 3D plan that you can use to make the most out of your space.
Since we want to incorporate your vision into our designs, we have a whole process through which we work. Here is how a design session with us might look like for you.
Step 1: Call for an interview
Once you get in touch with us, we will be setting up a phone interview with you to discuss what exactly it is you want. This is the perfect time to tell us about your vision and what you want from a designer. If you have any questions or concerns you can ask us as well.
If we’re a good fit for what you want, we’ll go forward with the process and talk about your ideas and start on our designing process. This is where we decide on the scope of the work and set a goal.
Step 2: Checking out the space
After we’ve figured out what you want, we will come over for an on-site visit. We’ll check out what we’re working with and take measurements and span the topography of your yard. You can show us exactly what you want and where you might prefer them, and we’ll give you our expert opinion on whether that’ll be a good idea.
You can also discuss what kind of materials you want to incorporate in your project. And according to your budget, we’ll give you an idea of what you can achieve and how much potential the space has.
Step 3: Design
Now that we have a clearer idea of your space, we can begin designing your living space. We’ll be making a blueprint of our designs, always keeping your preferences in mind. For the best results, you should share your inspiration pictures and ideas so we get a better idea of what kind of aesthetic you prefer.
Whether it be magazines or from Pinterest, making a board of inspiration ideas is a great way to get your point across. And thinking of the viability of your preferences is up to us, of course. We’ll try to design it in the best way possible without compromising on your budget or vision.
Step 4: Review
It’s time for another meeting! Once we have a design set up, we will go over it with you. It’s best if we have this meeting in the yard, but we can also meet up at our office. We will be doing a flythrough of the project, so you get a better idea of what we’re aiming for.
This stage is meant to keep you updated on where we’re headed. If you don’t like something, you can change it. Once we discuss changes and agree on a plan, we’ll start on our final design.
Step 5: Final Review
Once you are happy with your design, we will send you all the pictures and the video, and everything you’re going to need to show your contractor to implement the design. We will also provide you with 2D plans complete with measurements.
And to top all of these off, we’ll also provide you with our recommendations of contractors we’ve worked with. These are well-trusted people, who will get the job done.
Now that you know all the best reasons to hire a designer for your outdoor living space or pool, I’m sure you’ll consider hiring one before you start renovating your yard. A well-designed outdoor space is not only enjoyable for years to come, it also makes your property way more valuable.